06 June 2012

Play of Life_

Games have been part of my life since ever. They were present in my childhood and teens, and are still present in my young adult life. I've learned a lot of what I know today by playing games, either by things they taught me themselves, or lessons I've learned on my own through my victories and defeats. 

Sometimes, I even think my life is a game, comprised of boss fights and winning and losing; only no extra lives.

Playing and gaming have brought up aspects of my personality, taught me how to properly speak English, and entertained me when I was feeling down. 

Dragon Age II helped me through a depressive period of my life: instead of thinking about the bad phase I was passing through, I played a videogame anders (and had my very first pixelated love)

Games were always there when I needed to make friends; videogames were there when my friends were scarce. With games, I never felt alone. 

Whenever life was boring, games would take me to a place that was dangerous and exciting. Whenever life ignored me, games would take me to a place where I was a leader and had a voice. Whenever life treated me badly, games would take me to a place where I could defeat evil and bring justice to the world. 

Even my job is a game: when I race, there are winners and losers, and I always strive to beat my adversaries to the finish line and obliterate my “highscore”. 

Games are a part of my life. No. Games are my life, as with every other gamer. Take the game from the gamer and you take away their life. 

Playing is innate to every human. We play even before we understand the concept of game. We play a lot when we are babies, kids, teens, and a bit less once we get older.
We gamers just want to stay young a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful! Comments with strong language and/or inflammatory content will be removed/deleted.